Web-based technology plays a growing role in providing effective sales systems to organizations, and Sales Force Automation (SFA) is the standard platform for sales organizations to achieving sales objectives in a more efficient way. However, getting sales technologies for the sake of having sales technologies without having a true plan for its use can result in project failure and a reset back to the old, inefficient systems.
And too often companies will purchase a new tool in hopes that it will solve their problems or make life easier – not understanding that efficiencies are gained, but other forms of work are created also that require attention. Technology should be obtained only after the requirements of a sales system have been defined,should be regarded as merely the tool that allows a sales person to execute their duties to and more effectively close a sale, not the end in and of itself.
Allinio can help your organization develop concise sales strategy, supporting processes, and plan for appropriate technology solutions. Once the sales process has been developed and documented, tool selection or customization is a less stressful transition. The methodology for conducting a sales tools/systems audit includes the following:
- The identification and assessment of current sales tools/systems
- The definition of additional requirements of a sales tool/system
- The development of a roadmap for reconfiguring/upgrading/augmenting an existing sales tool/system
- The specification of technical requirements for a new sales tool/system
- The development of a cost/benefits analysis for a keep/buy decision
- The delineation and/or creation of roles regarding use of the existing or new sales tool/system
Other Allinio services to help you align your business for transformation with Marketing Automation:
- Marketing Tools/Systems Audit & Consulting
- Lead Management Process Audit & Consulting
- Metrics/Reporting Audit & Consulting